Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend Workout

My gym is having some sort of paleo challenge and the sign up and initial workout was Saturday so there were no open workouts, only could show up if you are signing up. I am not signing up so no workout for me Saturday. My son, 7 years old, has been bugging me to do a workout he came up with so I decided to do that with him today. He calls the workout "jumping runner" and prescribes it as follows for time:

  • 50 jumping jacks
  • 1/4 mile run
  • 40 jump rope singles
  • 1/4 mile run
  • 30 burpees
  • 1/4 mile run
  • 20 jumping pull-ups
  • 1/4 mile run
  • 10 monster tires (4 count)
  • 1/4 mile run
The monster tires is something I think he learned when we were doing P90X and looks something like this video. I would suggest you get more lateral movement though and get the knee way up. Everything else should be self explanatory. I finished in 16:08 and my son finished in 17:47. That is correct, he did it with me. He likes to do workouts with me but he also wants to keep up. He tends to not concentrate on doing the moves as correctly as he could and instead tries to go as fast as possible, sounds like some people I know at the gym. I tell him over and over about this and that it is not a race with me but he is 7 and he wants to beat me at everything. He is already smarter than me so you would think that would be enough for him but no. It was fun to do the workout with him an I think he really got a kick out of designing his own workout and doing it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower... I think that's awesome you did P90X with your son! Sounds like he's gonna be a regular Tony Horton someday!

    ReplyDelete