Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Workout

I went in and started the warm up with 100 single under jump ropes based on the board and then continued to the rest of the warm up which was 3 rounds:

  • 10 box step ups
  • 10 PVC around the worlds
  • 10 air squats
In the middle of my warm up Jackie and rob showed up and started theirs. I was very surprised to see both of them doing jumping jacks. I looked at the board again and sure enough it said 100 jumping jacks. I guess I need to pay a little better attention to detail. The workout was 10 rounds for time:

  • 10 thrusters (95/65)
  • 10 ring push-ups
This is a hero WOD named for Army Sgt Keith Adam Coe who was killed inIraq in April of 2010. For more information check out this site. I had never done the ring push-ups so coach Brent explained them. This video is closest to what we did that I could find. Look at the second part except we had weights under our feet so our feet were at the same height as the bottom of the rings. You lower through the rings with elbows tight to the body and extend back all the way up. I started with the 95# on thrusters but quickly dropped it to 75#. I completed the workout in 29:18. If the ring push-ups ever show up on a WOD again I will be sure to wear a long sleeve shirt, the outside of my upper arms is rubbed a bit raw from rubbing the straps. It kind of feels like I have a sunburn which is odd since it is supposed to snow today.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment