Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday Workout - Back to the grind

I was back up at 5:30 this morning for the 6:00 am class and work today, dammit. The coach never showed up this morning but luckily one of the guys that works out with us early is friends with the owner and has keys. We did a 500 meter row and some calisthenics for a warm up and then on to the workout which was prescribed as 10 minutes to do a 1 rep max thruster, followed by 6 rounds for time:

  • 1 rope climb (9 pull-ups can be substituted but not for Rx)
  • 10 wall ball shots (20/16)
  • 15 med ball cleans (20/16)
  • 20 double unders (60 singles)
I did 125# on the thruster for a max. I racked up 135# but failed on that one at the end and did not want to try it again and hurt myself. I completed the 6 rounds in 18:17 with the only substitution being I did single unders instead of doubles. This was the first time I had done a rope climb since my trial period at the gym. I was unable to make the prescribe 3 climbs that time but this time I did all 6 climbs. I did have my sock slide down at one point on a descent and got a rope burn on my calf but it is not too bad. This workout did not seem too bad for some reason, we shall see what I feel like tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment