Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

For the warm up today I did 25 jumping jacks followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 wall ball shots (16/12)
  • 10 abmat it-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
This is the first time I have done wall ball shots since I started working out at home. I measures out back to see where 10' would be from the new patio and it is high enough that I would be hitting the siding on the house and I don't want to do that. It turns out the side of the deck is just about the right height, maybe a couple inches low but close enough so I used that as a target. The workout I chose for today is called "Daniel". Since today is Memorial day I decided to be sure to do a hero WOD. This one is named for SFC Daniel B. Crabtree who was killed in Iraq in 2006 when his vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb while on a combat patrol. The workout was the following for time:
  • 50 pull-ups
  • 400 meter run
  • 21 thrusters (95/65)
  • 800 meter run
  • 21 thrusters (95/65)
  • 400 meter run
  • 50 pull-ups
I completed the workout in 22:27 with a some modification. I dropped the weight to 78# due to a tight lower back today. I loaded up 98# and tried a couple but due to yesterdays running and burpees my back was feeling pretty tight so I decided to drop the weight and go for speed over weight to get the intensity today. 50 pull-ups is a shit ton of pull-ups in a row!! I did pretty well on the first 50 but was jumping by about half way through. The runs are nice in this one because they are almost like a break. I felt pretty good with the thrusters except at one point I got my hands out in front of me too much and almost fell over forward. That last 50 pull-ups is a bitch at the end of this one. I was doing them jumping with a slow negative but by the end I was still only able to knock out 2 at a time. I had done this workout last November, check it out here. My time was a good bit better this time around but it looks like I did it with 95# last time. I will have to give this one a shot with the prescribed weight some day when I did not do something as brutal the day before. Here is a video that shows the thrusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment