Saturday, November 3, 2012

Friday Workout

I had an early meeting at work on Friday so I could not go to the gym in the morning. I actually ended up being there late too and almost didn't make it in before they closed. I ended up at the 7:30 pm open gym rather than a class and it was just me and one other dude there both doing the WOD. The warm up was 25 jumping jacks followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 wall ball shots (16/12)
  • 10 abmat it-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
My shoulder was still a bit tight so I did a bit of extra stretching too. The workout was "Daniel" named for Army Sgt 1st Class Daniel Crabtree who was killed in Iraq on 24 June 2006. The workout is the following for time:
  • 50 pull-ups
  • 400 meter run
  • 21 thrusters (95/65)
  • 800 meter run
  • 21 thrusters (95/65)
  • 400 meter run
  • 50 pull-ups
I completer the workout in 25:45 with a bit of modification. I knocked out maybe 30-35 of the pull-ups at the start before having to switch to jumping pull-ups with a slow negative. I also had to do the same on the pull-ups at the end but earlier, after the first 5. By the end I was doing 2 pull-ups at a time and then a second or so of rest. I also had to split the thrusters some but did do the prescribed weight. The first 21 I started with 7 then 6 and then dropped a bit until the last set I only did 3. On the second 21 thrusters I split them into sets of 3 with a short break between. I was shot by the end and felt a bit light headed. I dropped the bar rather than putting on the rack as I had been doing before. The workout felt pretty good and was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment