Monday, May 20, 2013

Hero WOD

I didn't get up to work out this morning. seems I am getting lazy about the morning workouts now that I have the gear at home. I did workout after work before dinner though. I warmed up with an 800 meter run and some stretching. Then I did Hansen. This WOD is named for Marine SSgt Daniel Hansen who was killed in Afghanistan in 2009 by an IED. You can read more about him here. The WOD is 5 rounds:

  • 30 kettlebell swings (53/35)
  • 30 burpees
  • 30 GHD sit-ups
I did 35# on the kettlebell as is my normal and I also did abmat sit-ups, partly because I don't have a GHD machine and also because I have been doing some reading about GHD sit-ups and am not going to do them ever again due to the back problems I have had in the past. I might talk more about that at some other time but not today. I completed this in 32:30, and it was pretty damn tough, burpees suck!! I did the first round in 5:00 and was shooting for 25:00 after that but I guess I slowed down as this one went on. I was very deliberate on the kettlebell swings concentrating on keeping my core really tight and it was obvious that it was working. My core is going to be sore tomorrow. It is nice to be able to adjust when I workout, that was one real problem with the gym. I do wish I had someone to compare my times against though so I can make sure I am pushing myself. I felt pretty ragged by the end of this one though so I think I did pretty well although 32:30 seems like a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment