Friday, May 24, 2013

When You Get a Minute

I had to be in early today for a customer meeting so I waited until this evening to work out again. I started with a warm up of a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 jumping jacks
  • 10 abmat sit-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
Next was the workout which is 3 rounds:

  • 1 minute front squat (95/65)
  • 1 minute push-up
  • 1 minute kettlebell swing (53/35)
  • 1 minute air squats
  • 1 minute rest
Score is the total number of reps completed and there is no rack allowed on the front squat portion. The no rack restriction is meant, I think, to make you hold the bar for the full  minute since if you put it down you are doing so to the ground and that means you need to clean it back to position to continue. I put 98# on for the front squats, my bar weighs 28# not standard 44# so my numbers end up a little off from standard. I initially thought I might not be able to complete the workout at that weight but I made it through. I did 35# on the kettlebell swings as usual. I completed a total of 245 reps on this workout. I did 82 reps in round one, 88 in round two, and 75 in round three. I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing until that third round and I really hit a wall. I had to put the bar down once during the front squats on round 3 and the kettlebell a couple times. I feel pretty good about the workout though in general and I like the fact that it was 15:00 and you are out; you can do almost anything for 15:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment