Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Workout on Tuesday Morning, Yeah!!

So this is one of the benefits of doing the workouts at home. I did not want to do one yesterday because I had done an afternoon workout on Sunday so I pushed it to Tuesday. It used to b, when going to the gym that I could not do this because their 0600 workouts were only available on Mon. Wed. and Fri. I can now do them whenever is convenient for me. There are a couple of issues. I have to figure out substitutions for exercises I don't have equipment for but so far that has been fine. I also don't really have anyone to compare my performance against. I was planning on looking at the times of my classmates from when I used to go to the gym but the gym has since updated their website and I can't see that information any longer.

So this morning I got up a little later for the workout, 0630. I was planning on going in to work a little late since I am staying late to go to a hockey game that is closer to work than home. I started with a warm up of 100 jumping jacks followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
I also did a little bit of stretching but not much. The warm up is one of the problems with me doing my workouts at home, often there is not a warm up listed on the web site and I struggle a bit to come up with something. I am figuring it out though. The workout today was 2 rounds for time:

  • 400 meter run
  • 50 GHD hip extensions
  • 400 meter run
  • 50 overhead weighted abmat sit-ups (20/10)
  • 400 meter run
  • 25 knees-to-elbows
I modified a little bit. I did 10# on the sit-ups and the last few knees-to-elbows I did  power tower knee ups. I also had to figure out a way to do the hip extensions since I do not have a GHD machine. I put some weights on my weight bench to hold it down and put my feet under the bench while doing them on a stability ball something like this video. It was raining outside today which slowed me down a bit because I did not want to wear wet shoes in the house so I had to remove them and put them back on in between runs. I think I lost about a minute for each run except the first since I started with that one. I completed the workout in 32:16, felt like a good workout so I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment