Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Workout (This looks so easy)

Seven of us showed up for the workout this morning at 9:00 am. My right quad had been a little sore yesterday in one particular spot so I was a bit worried about this morning but after sleeping it felt fine this morning. Th warm up was a 500 meter row followed by 3 rounds of:

  • Mountain climbers
  • Hip extentions
  • PVC arm circles
Then on to the workout.
3 rounds for time:

  • 100 meter walking lunges
  • 30 ab mat sit-ups
  • 30 push-ups 
When I first saw this I thought is said 100 walking lunges which really didn't seem like much but even after I realized it was 100 meters I still thought this one looks easy. Well it only took me the first 100 meters to realize my legs were going to be screaming by the end of this one. I did pretty well though and completed the entire thing in 18:29 with the only modification being I needed to drop to my knees for the last 10 push-ups. It hurt like hell getting through that last 50 meters of walking lunges though. I am finding that the workouts, like this one, that have only bodyweight stuff that I can do at home I excel at relative to others in the class. The workouts that have things I have never done like Olympic lifting or rope climbing are another story.

One thing I am noticing about these crossfit workouts is it seems the endorphin rush is much greater than with most any other type of exercise I have done in the past. Not sure if I am imagining that but it is amazing how good you can feel at the end of a workout that so thoroughly beats the crap out of you. I can certainly see how people get hooked on these and end up going every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment