Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Workout

Warm up  today started with a 400 meter run, surprise. We then did 3 rounds:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 mountain climbers
The workout as prescribed was 10 rounds for time:

  • 10 wall ball shots (20/16)
  • 10 slam balls (30/20)
Seems pretty easy right? If you are unfamiliar with wall ball shots you can see the move here. Slam balls can be viewed here. The wall ball shots kicked my ass last time I did them when we did the filthy fifty workout. When we did that one I was going pretty strong until I hit this move and I just died trying to knock out 50 of these things. This time I felt a bit better and I did start out with the prescribed 20# ball. I had to drop the 20# to a 16# ball after the first 3 sets of 10 though but I finished off with that and even on the last set I did the first 7 wall ball shots unbroken before having to take a bit of a breather for a second. I did the slam balls with the prescribed 30# ball and that thing got heavy as hell by the time this thing was over. This was the first time I have ever done this exercise so I was a bit slow and I am not sure I was slamming it as much as I should but I certainly got a workout. By the end of the 4th or 5th round I was taking short breathers between exercises and by the end my lungs were screaming. There were only 3 of us there and I finished last behind both of the women there although I was using heavier weights. My quadriceps were still sore as hell this morning when I walked in from the Wed. workout with the thrusters but I was able to get through it and I feel pretty good. I finished in 15:09.

I am certainly feeling like I am getting in better shape very quickly. I was not in bad shape before but this is really kicking it up a bit and it is also a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment