Sunday, September 23, 2012

Saturday Workout, on Sunday

My parents were here yesterday so I did not go to the gym for the Saturday workout. Instead I went in this morning. The other owner was there today, Coach Michele's husband. He seems like a nice guy. The workout today was a repeat of one we did on September 9th, "Angie." If you recall I did it incorrectly at home that day so today's is a better representation of my performance. If you don't remember you can check out that post here. The workout is prescribed as follows for time:
  • 100 pull-ups
  • 100 push-ups
  • 100 sit-ups
  • 100 air squats
The rules are that you have to completely finish one exercise, all 100, before moving on to the next. That is where I screwed up last time and it apparently made it much easier. This time I did the progression as you are supposed to and recorded a time of 26:30 which is 7:01 slower than the last time when I did it wrong. I used a blue band on the pull-ups after about the first 15 and was doing jumps by the end with a slow drop on the way down. I made sure to get my chin above the bar on every one of them though so that is good. I also did the last 15 push-ups on my knees but I was getting my chest all the way to the floor for the whole 100. The sit-ups were done as ab-mat sit-ups as we were told to do by coach Jay. If you don't know what these are you can check this video out. I used a ball for the air squats to make sure I was getting down below 90 degrees as you are supposed to do. The air squats were probably my strongest move in this workout and I rolled through them with minimal breaks and even when I did break it was maybe a second or two. The sit-ups are probably a close second best and I clearly suck most at the pull-ups as usual. The lesson of the day is 100 pull-ups is a lot of pull-ups.

Edit: I forgot the warm up. Ran 400 meters followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 walking lunges
  • 10 dips

No comments:

Post a Comment