Sunday, September 9, 2012

Saturday Workout

I had a cub scout event to do with my son on Saturday morning so the plan was I was going to skip the gym Saturday and go on Sunday this week. When I woke up Saturday and had a look at the workout for the day on the website it was all things I could do at home so I figured I would knock it out before the popcorn sale. I warmed up with a 400 meter run and then was ready to do the workout. The prescribed workout was Angie. For time:

  • 100 pull-ups
  • 100 push-ups
  • 100 sit-ups
  • 100 air squats
I completed the workout in 19:29 but looking online at the rules for this one it looks like I cheated. I broke it up into 4 sets where I did 20-20-30-30 of each and it appears you are supposed to complete 100 of each exercise before moving on to the next one. Oh well, guess I will see what happens next time this one comes up at the gym. I don't have pull up bands at home so I was doing jump pull-ups after the first 20 because there is no chance I can do 100 strict pull-ups. It was still a good workout either way and I was sweating like crazy by the time I was done. My back and abs are pretty sore today too so it seems that it did the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment