Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday Workout

Well they completely kicked my ass at the gym this morning. The workout was the "filthy fifty." I have read about this one and always thought ist seemed a bit crazy but this is the first time I had ever done it. For those that do not know it is the following for time:


  • 50 Box jump, 24 inch box
  • 50 Jumping pull-ups
  • 50 Kettlebell swings (35/26)
  • Walking Lunge, 50 steps
  • 50 Knees to elbows
  • 50 Push press, 45
  • 50 Back extensions
  • 50 Wall ball shots, (20/16)
  • 50 Burpees
  • 50 Double unders (150 singles)
So my time was 40:54 but I did not complete the entire workout. I made it through 40 burpees before I threw in the towel. On the last few burpees I couldn't get my legs to push me up nd when I did stand I was almost sure I was going to pass out. I thought it better to stop there than wake up on my face with a broken nose. I then immediately assumed the recovery position for a bit.
Today's workout was a bit later than those I had done at this gym during the week, it began at 9:00 am. There were more people there and it was a bit more rowdy crowd. I was still going after everyone else finished (38:18) was the next slowest but they all finished) and they were pushing me along with encouraging words. This was a bit different than the 6:00 am workouts, not that anyone was not supportive but this group was much louder. I spoke to a few people abut the gym after I recovered enough to stand and I think I like this gym. I also spoke to the coach for a bit to get an idea of her background and their philosophy at the gym. I will head back Monday for my last free workout there and then try the other gym before deciding, but I kind of like crossfit srt. Now I need to mow the lawn, crap!!

No comments:

Post a Comment