Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rewind

Well I have done it again. Looks like we will be restarting from the beginning of last week on Monday night this week. This will mean we will finish up 2 weeks later than originally planned because, if you recall, we had a reset during the phase 2 recovery week as well due to illness. This time it was my back. I mentioned that I thought it was from hockey before but after some thinking I realized that I probably did it shoveling the foot and a half of snow from the driveway. After completing the plyo workout on Tuesday it just got more sore and we have not worked out at all this week since then. I have been taking my medication for my back and doing stretches to try to loosen things up and it is finally feeling better now. I have learned another good lesson though from this, even though my back is in much better shape an I can do things I have not done in a long time there are some activities that you just really need to pay attention to form on and not overdo it with, shoveling snow is one of them. This setback early in the program may have caused me some stress and disappointment but I have come to buy into Tony's philosophy of "do your best and forget the rest" and I am fine with doing what I have to do to take care of an injury first. I also have come to the realization that all of the work I have done over the last year to get into shape is really a life long lifestyle change and not something short term which means that a week long setback really does not mean much in the grand scheme of things. The other thing is my lower back muscles were sore but this is a far cry from the pain associated with the herniated disks so I know things could be a lot worse, and they are not. As an added bonus I am pretty excited that I get to do Plyo again and that last half ass effort was not the final plyo workout for the 90 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment