Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 70, Kenpo

Another grueling workout looking at Wesley's jiggly ass. My wife and I were talking during the warm up this morning about how we really don't care for the warm up to this one. We were wondering if Wesley developed that as well, even if he didn't I am going to blame him, and I blame Dreya for everything else I don't like about the program which isn't much. My legs were pretty tight this morning and I was having a tough time with the kicks because of it. I have started to increase the speed on the blocks, elbows, and vertical punches starting from the beginning because they don't speed up fast enough. When we first started it was fine but I need to get moving faster now. I don't have the same problem with the regular punch sequences like jab/cross/hook/upper cut where it seems that they are doing them faster than I can unless my form breaks down. I just do it a little slower than they do and make sure I am getting my core involved as much as possible. My shoulders were screaming during some parts today as well for whatever reason. Felt good though and the heart rate was up where I like it so that is all that matters.

Weighed in again this morning and tipped the scales at a whopping 150.8. This is the same weight I was when I was sick and thought I looked too thin. This time though I don't really think I am looking too thin and neither does Sarah. It is funny how different you can look at the same weight depending on where it is placed and in what tissue form. Feeling real good and looking forward to the last 3 weeks of the program. Should be fun and we are going to finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment