Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wednesday Workout on Tuesday

I am really mixing things up now. I have to be at a meeting for work in VA tomorrow morning early so I won't be able to make the morning workout. I instead hit the gym up tonight. The warm up started with a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds of:
  • 10 mountain climbers
  • 10 jumping jacks
  • 10 PVC arm circles
The workout was prescribed as the following for time:
  • 100 meter walking lunges
  • 50 push-ups
  • 50 double unders or 150 single unders
  • 25 knees to elbows
  • 50 box jumps
  • 25 overhead squats (65/45)
  • 25 pull-up
  • 50 abmat sit-ups
I completed the workout in 21:13 with a slight modification. I did the single unders instead of doubles because I can't really do doubles. I also switched from 65# to 45# at 15 reps on the overhead squats. My form was sucking at that weight and I figured I was better off keeping the form good instead of going for weight. Had I been thinking I would have put on two 5# plates instead of the 10# ones at the start so I could have dropped from 65# to 55# easily. Oh well, live and learn. I felt pretty good and it was a fun one.

Normal crap for cool down. 200 meter run and a bunch of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment