Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Workout

Warm up started with a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 jumping jacks
  • 10 air squats
  • 10 PVC arm circles
The workout was a 20 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds as Possible)
  • 10 burpees
  • 10 tire flip/jumps
  • 20 GHD sit ups
There were a pile of people there again today. The gym is doing some sort of challenge with an outside organization and it is full of people and none of them really know what they are doing. Also they are deaf so it is hard to help them figure out what they are doing. They are all very nice but it is a bit frustrating. I was the only actual member of the gym today. I am not trying to complain because I enjoyed helping them out but it is costing me time and intensity on my workout. I completed 4 round and then up to 7 sit-ups on the 5th round. The tire flips were a bit different this time than last, this time we did flip/jumps. Instead of just flipping you add a jump, much like a box jump to the move. Have a look at this video for a demonstration. I also substituted abmat sit-ups for the GHD sit-ups part way through round 3 because my ankle started bothering me.

Cool down was 200 meter run plus a bunch of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment