Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday Workout

Got in for the 6:00 am class today and the warm up started with a 500 meter row followed by  3 rounds:
  • 10 of some exercise I forget now
  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 jumping air squats (seems weird given the workout today)
The workout as prescribed is For time:

10 round power clean ladder (115/85)
Cindy between each round which is
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 air squats
So what you are doing is the following:

round 1 - 1 power clean, 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats
round 2 - 2 power cleans, 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats
round 3 - 3 power cleans, 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats

You continue in this manner for 10 rounds and the whole thing is timed. coach Brent again did a very good job with explaining and demonstrating everything. I did the workout with the prescribed weight, 115#, but it took me a while. I completed it in 25:18 and the other 2 in my class were both done in under 20:00. I was struggling with the cleans by the end and actually dropped the bar 2 times on the last set of 10. I had to switch to jumping pull-ups on round 8 and I started splitting my push-ups at that point too doing 7 then a very short break, just a second or two, and then the last 3.

I finished off with the usual stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment