Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Workout

I had a 10:00 pm hockey game last night so I did not get up this morning for the 6:00 am workout. I did make it to the 6:30 pm class after work. This is the first time I have gone in the evening and I was the only one there. I am sure most others are having a beer at 6:30 pm on a Friday. Coach Michele was surprised to see me at that time, said I was 12 hours late.

The warm up started with a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 air squats
  • 10 push ups
  • 10 jumping jacks
The workout started with a 1 rep max:
  • shoulder press
  • deadlift
  • back squat
The deal was do one rep 3 times increasing the weight each time to find your max on the third. Your score is the sum of all 3 max weights lifted. I did 115# max shoulder press, 265# ma deadlift, and 185# max back squat for a total weight of 565#. I put a wall ball down for the squat portion to make sure I dropped far enough since I find it is relatively easy to cheat by an inch or two if you don't have it there. This was the first time I had done one of these max weight tests so it will be interesting to see what kind of improvement in strength I have next time.

The workout then finished up with a 1000 meter row for time. I completed the row in 3:46 which I thought was pretty good but I might have been able to do a bit better. I started of very fast and didn't finish as fast. I should have started slightly slower and I might have been able to finish much stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment