Sunday, September 22, 2013

Really???

I just read this article on CNN about this kid who had weight loss surgery at 2 years old. You heard right, 2!!! I will admit that I do not know the whole story here but I have to say this makes no sense to me. They claim the surgery is supposed to reduce the kids capacity to intake food by up to 85%. I am wondering why the hell it is necessary to perform surgery on a 2 year old in order to accomplish that goal. Is this 2 year old going to work and earning money? Is he making trips to the grocery store to purchase his own food? Is he preparing his meals and placing them on the table and then feeding himself? It would seem to be a simple matter of the parents performing the restrictions themselves and then there is no need to perform an invasive procedure that could have lord knows what kind of long term affects on a 2 year old. I can think of no reason why this would be necessary, ever! Although like I said I don't know the whole story I just can't come up with any scenario that would excuse this. It is interesting to note that this did not happen in the US which was a bit surprising to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment