Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Clean and Deadlift

I had a hockey game Monday night and I workout on game day or the day after so today was the first since the weekend. This morning I got up and did a warm up of 100 jumping jacks followed by my standard 3 rounds:

  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 abmat sit-ups
I thine did a 23 minute AMRAP:

  • 3 power clean
  • 3 deadlift
I put 118# on for the cleans and went through the whole workout with that. I started out with 178# on the deadlift bar but dropped it to 148# pretty much right away. I think I should be doing more on the deadlift but I was not feeling that one this morning. I lost a good bit of time when I removed the weight too. I ended up doing 14 rounds but I was pretty careful to concentrate on form rather than get going too fast. I feel pretty good about that result, 42 reps of each exercise is plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment