Friday, October 30, 2009

Days 32 and 33

Well last night was Yoga X. I had mentioned to fitbomb, a great P90X blogger, if not the rest of you that I share his thoughts that this DVD is too long. I mentioned though that my wife and I started doing this one at night so as not to be interrupted by the kids and since then I have enjoyed it a lot more. Yoga is so much better if you don't have a 2 year old hanging on your leg while trying to do a half moon. Last night I was still sore from the bicep and back workout and I also did not feel like my balance was as good during the moves as it was the previous week. Maybe the soreness had something to do with it or maybe I was just tired I don't know but I do know I am liking Yoga more and more each time I do it and I think it is helping me in ways I never would have guessed. I am going to go ahead and credit Yoga with the balance and coordination improvements I have had with my ice hockey, maybe that is not it but I am going with that anyway. My wife took a picture of me from the back last night doing a bad ass warrior 2 pose during the workout. She said when she looked over she noticed how much more defined my back shoulders and arms are and just wanted me to see. I will post that picture later. Speaking of pictures I still need to get those 30 day pics up, I will try to do that tonight and add the Yoga one in there too.

So this morning was Legs and Back. My biceps and back are still sore from Wed and that made the back work a little tough. I actually lost a couple of reps on some of the pull ups the second time around but I did add some weight to most of the weighted leg exercises and I felt like I got a pretty good workout. There are 2 drawbacks to the fact that we are doing Yoga at night now. First we have a late workout Thursday and then have to get up at 5:30 to do legs and back. Second, we do Yoga belly 7 at night and then Ab Ripper X in the morning. I did notice that I am not as good at the Ab Ripper workout on Friday as I am the other days and I assume that is because of the ab workout the night before. I still think this is the way to go as far as Yoga is concerned because I was hating it the other way.

The nutrition is still going well but it is strange to be eating as much carbs as I am. I am still a little hungry but I think the early hunger I had with the phase 2 plan was more just getting used to it. I like the phase 2 workouts so far and I think I am going to see some good gains from it over the next couple of weeks. Sarah is looking in great shape now and also getting better and better at all the workouts. for those of you that get the email version of this yesterdays post had a video embedded and it looks like it did not get sent with the email, at least not to Sarah. I am not sure what will happen with the pictures but I assume the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment