Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday Workout, Holy Christmas!!

You might recall we did a Chanukah workout last week on Friday. You can check out the workout and my results here. Today was the Christmas WOD and boy is it a tough one. The workout was prescribed as the following for time:
  • 1 - 200 meter run or row
  • 2 - chest to bar pull-ups
  • 3 - 30 single under jump ropes
  • 4 - slam balls (20/16)
  • 5 - box jumps (24/20)
  • 6 - 2 count weighted lunges (25/10)
  • 7 - push-ups
  • 8 - wall ball shots (20/16)
  • 9 - knees to elbows
  • 10 - burpees
  • 11 - medicine ball cleans (20/16)
  • 12 - abmat sit-ups
(Performed in the same order as the song)

That is right folks, performed in the same order as the song. What does that mean? It means you do 12 round where round 1 is a 200 meter run or row, round 2 is 2 chest to bar pull-ups followed by a 200 meter run or row, round 3 is 30  single under jump ropes followed by 2 chest to bar pull-ups followed by a 200 meter run or row, and you continue through the 12 rounds in this manner. I elected to do the 200 meter run instead of row, not sure why but that is what I did. I did all moves as prescribed in this one even the wall ball shots. I figured it was only 8 at a time and I only needed to do 5 rounds with them in it so the chances I would drop it on my face again were slim. I didn't but it was maybe a bit harder than I had thought. I completed the workout in 45:53 and man was it tough. This is an odd sort of workout where it gets to be more and more stuff every round. A lot of these kind of workout are ladders down rather than up so they seem to get easier as it goes. Also there were a couple of moves at the end that I really struggle with like wall ball shots and knees to elbows. I did all the wall ball shots unbroken except the last round which I did 2 sets of 4 and I did all but the last 2 rounds of knees to elbows unbroken where I did 5 and 4. I did notice my movement from one move to the next got pretty slow on the last 2 rounds but I mostly was moving pretty good all the way through and I am pretty happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment