Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Workout

After all those damn thrusters and burpees yesterday I was not looking real forward to today's workout when I saw it last night on the web site. It was prescribed as 5 rounds for time:
  • 5 deadlifts (135/95)
  • 5 hang squat cleans (135/95)
  • 5 push press (135/95)
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 15 box jumps (24/20)
First thing I noticed was the weights are way high for me on a couple of these. I only weigh 155# so doing a 135# hang squat clean or push press is a pretty damn big deal for me. I set up 3 barbells at the start of this one with 135#, 95#, and 75#. I began doing the deadlifts with 135# and completed with that. I started doing 95# on the cleans and push press but after the first round I dropped to 75# on the push press. I could feel my form breaking down on the first set on the push press and felt it better to be smart than cocky. I also slowed down on the cleans as it went on and by the last round I had to drop the bar after 3 and come back for the last 2, my forearms were screaming. By the end I was also doing jumping push-ups instead of the standard dead hang, this workout is tough on the shoulders. I completed the workout in 19:06 which I felt pretty good about. I think I could do better but not the day after that workout yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment