Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Workout

Warm up today was 100 jumping jacks followed by 3 rounds of the following:
  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 flutter kicks (2 count)
  • 10 pull-ups
I did the pull-ups as dead hangs again and no back issues. I am pretty convinced that the kipping got me last time around. I will be doing all dead hang from now on. Of course that means when we have to do a bunch I will be starting the jumping pull-ups earlier but so what. The workout was prescribed as 4 rounds of the following for rep count:
  • 1 minute front squats (75/55)
  • 1 minute push press (75/55)
  • 1 minute sumo deadlift high pull (75/55)
  • 1 minute hand release push-ups
  • 1 minute rest
So this works out to a total of 20 minutes. I did all the work as prescribed and completed a total of 218 reps over the workout. I did not keep track of my rep counts for each exercise just each round and they broke down as 69, 47, 50 52. I started off real strong and knocked out over 20 of the squats on the first round and only got to 15 on the rest. The weight feels heavy as hell on the push press after you have been holding it up in the rack position for the front squats for a minute. You don't think about squats hitting your shoulders but do front squats for a minute and your shoulders will be screaming. Still no back issues at all so that is promising.

The cooldown was a 500 meter row and a bunch of stretching as usual. I have a dental surgery today so will not be going to the gym tomorrow. I need to talk to the doctor today and find out when I am good to go back but I am planning on Monday. I might go on Monday no matter what she says, what the hell do doctors know anyway. The more conflicting studies I read on exercise a diet the more I think they have no clue what they are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment