Sunday, December 16, 2012

Friday and Sunday

I did workout Friday but I didn't do it in the morning because I had a hockey game Thursday night at 10:30. Friday was a Chanukah WOD prescribed as 8 rounds of the following for time:

  • 8 burpees
  • 8 pull-ups
  • 8 air squats
  • 8 push-ups
  • 8 kettlebell swings (53/35)
  • 8 4 count mountain climbers
  • 8 leg lifts
  • 8 GHD back extensions
I completed the workout in 33:40 with a 35# kettlebell instead of a 53#. The worst part of this workout, which surprised me, was the mountain climbers. Those things suck and even more so right behind the kettlebell swings. That exercise reminds me of Marine Corps boot camp, it was a favorite of the DI's. We must have done a trillion of them over the 3 months of boot camp. This workout was another one that seemed easier on paper than it is. I was really dragging ass by the end of this one.

I did not go Saturday because of a cub scout event but I went today and the workout was prescribed as the following for time:

  • 70 thrusters (75/55)
  • 100 abmat sit-ups
(every minute on the minute do 5 burpees)

That is correct, do the workout but stop every minute and do 5 burpees. I did this a prescribed and initially thought it was going to be easy. I knocked out 20 thrusters the first minute but by the end of the thrusters I was doing only 4-5 at a time each minute. I completed the workout in 20:51 so I guess that means I did 100 burpees on top of the rest although it really felt more like 1000. Most people don't seem to like burpees much but I actually kind of like them and think they are maybe the perfect exercise for all around work. I would much rather do them than something like wall ball shots. I feel pretty good about that time and actually feel like I pushed real hard on this one. I am sure I will be a bit sore later today though especially since I was a bit sore from Friday even before going in for this one. My shoulders and back were a little sore and thrusters are probably not going to make that any better.


No comments:

Post a Comment