Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Crossfit Gym Trial

So I got up at 5:20 am this morning to head to crossfit srt to begin my 7 day free trial membership. There were only 5 of us there for the workout. They had me fill out the standard paperwork in case I dropped dead during the workout and then I began the warm-up with everyone. We began with 500 meter row followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 GHD sit-ups
  • 20 walking lunges
  • 10 mountain climbers
Next came the workout:
5 rounds for time:
  • 20 bench press (135/85)
  • 20 pull ups
  • 400 meter run
I have not done a bench press in years so I had no idea what I might or might not be able to do so I tried the 135 weight and there was no way I was going to get 20 reps out of that. I did round one with 115#, round 2 and 3 with 95#, and rounds 4 and 5 with  75#. I think next time I would just start with the 85# and I might be able to just leave it there. I scaled the pull ups as well with a blue band and I had to split them up a bit 10/5/5 on the last couple sets but I did them all. I am not sure what my time was, they post the times on the web site but I don't think the time they have listed there, 26:27, is accurate. I think it took me a bit longer than that, I only finished before one person. Looks like the weights they listed on the web site and the names may not be accurate either so perhaps they got a little mixed up.

The cool down was:
  • 100 jump ropes
  • Some kind of stretch I can't remember the name of 
I was pretty wiped at the end and had a tough time washing my hair (if you don't know me that joke probably isn't funny). I enjoyed the workout and it was nice to not have to think at all about what I was going to do. The coach was also helpful with explaining what things were if I did not know, like GHD sit-ups. The other people in the class were supportive and at the end they were asking if I was going to come back. I told them I would be there Friday. We will see how that goes. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment