Saturday, August 25, 2012

Joined the Gym, and Saturday Workout

Well I went ahead and joined crossfit srt this morning for a 3 month period. I still sort of feel like I didn't really give the other place a fair shake but I wasn't going to spend an extra $35 a month to find out if I liked them or not. I figure I will use the 3 month membership I signed up for at SRT to see if I want to stay there more long term or go try the other for a few months. I think I am going to enjoy this place though. I plan on doing 4 days a week there for the time being so we shall see how that goes.

I was the only one there this morning for the 9:00 am class. Michele, the owner/coach, said it has been slow all week probably due to school starting next week and everyone getting their last time with the kids in. The warm up started with a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 ab-mat sit-ups
  • 10 back extensions
The workout was 20 minutes AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible):

I was one burpee shy of completing 6 rounds in the prescribed 20 minute period. I kind of wonder if I would have done better or worse with others there. I would have had some competition but I also could have slacked a bit more without Michele noticing. My legs were still a bit sore from the 6 mile run the other day so the squats were a bit of a killer.I had never done overhead squats before so Michele showed me with the PVC and off I went. I could feel my form break down a bit by the end but I just broke the squats into smaller sets.

Cool down was:

  • 200 meter run
  • Sampson stretch
I did a few extra stretches for my legs and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment