Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Workout

well today was my last workout of the trial period at crossfit srt. My hamstrings still hurt like hell this morning from Saturday's beating. I got my ass up though and went to the gym for the 6:00 am class. There were 4 of us there this morning and one of them was a kid, maybe 11 years old. The warm up started with a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds of:

  • 10 burpees
  • 20 walking lunges
  • 10 GHD sit-ups
With how my hamstrings were feeling when I walked in I was not looking forward to this warm up. I did it though and was feeling pretty good by the time it was done. The workout was prescribed as the following for time:

  • 30 thrusters (75/45)
  • 3 rope climbs (or 27 pull-ups)
  • 20 thrusters (75/45)
  • 2 rope climbs (or 18 pull-ups)
  • 10 thrusters (75/45)
  • 1 rope climbs (or 9 pull-ups)
I completed this in 10:19 with a bit of scaling. I did the thrusters with 65#, maybe will try 75# next time. The rope climb is an arms only exercise, you are not supposed to use your legs. I did the first round but needed to use my legs a bit and then did the pull-ups for the second 2 rounds as I could not pull myself up that rope at that point. My time was at least 2 minutes slower than the others including the kid. Also they all did all the rope climbs. I struggle pretty massively with any pulling exercise like the rope climb or pull ups. It will be interesting to see if doing crossfit will improve this, P90X did but only marginally. I do like pull-ups a lot and they are a great exercise which I have used ever since doing P90X so don't take this as a complaint about them.

As I mentioned this was my last trial class so I need to figure out what I am going to do. I have a hockey game tomorrow night so no workout Wed morning but I have a trial class at the other local crossfit gym Thursday morning at 6:00 am. I liked this gym though and it is closer and cheaper so the other one would need to be really good for me to pick that over this. I suspect I will be back in Saturday morning for class and to sign up for a membership for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment