Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wednesday Workout

There was skill work at the beginning that was V-ups, have a look at this video for how it is done. I did some of these for the first 10 minutes as prescribed. The workout was next and was prescribed as 2 rounds for time:
  • 30 kettlebell swings (53/35)
  • 25 toes-to-bar
  • 20 clapping push-ups
  • 15 GHD sit-ups
  • 10 goblet lunges
  • 5 hand stand push-ups
Follow with core work:
  • 2 minutes V-ups as many as possible
Coach Brent walked us through all the moves and we tried all of them. During the warm-up my back felt a bit funny on the pull-ups and then when I tried out the hand stand push-up during the demo portion it hurt. I pushed off the floor to get my feet up to the wall and the left side of my lower back, same place as last week, started screaming. I dropped back down immediately and decided I would do box pike push-ups on a 24 inch box. I did the kettlebell swings with 35# and only did 20 toes-to-bar on each round because they bothered my back. I used the 35# kettlebell on the goblet lunges. I completed the workout in 13:28 but my back was pretty sore. I skipped the core work and went straight to stretching and by the time I left my back was sore. It got worse as the day went on but is much better today. I assume I aggravated the same injury from last week. I am going to skip tomorrow morning although I really want to go. I think it might be best to wait another day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment