Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Workout

Well this is the 4th day in a row that I have been to the gym. That is the first time I have done that, I feel real good although a bit sore. My abs are especially sore but most everything else too but not in a bad way.

The warm up today started with an 800 meter row and the board actually said "800 meter row (fast)." I asked coach Brent what that meant and he said make sure you get warm. I am not sure why they need to specify fast, I never assumed I should be going slow. This was followed by 2 rounds:
  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 PVC overhead squats
  • 10 back extensions
We were then supposed to do some skill work consisting of 10 minutes of snatch balance for weight but we did not do this. This exercise is shown and explained in this video. Instead coach Brent walked us through a Burgener Warm-Up to teach us the elements of the snatch movement. This is apparently the most difficult and technical of the lifts in crossfit and after this workout I would tend to agree. The workout was then prescribed as 5 rounds for time:
Followed by un-timed core work as follows:
  • 50 abmat sit-ups
I started out with a 20# wall ball but switched to a 16# ball half way through round 2. I was pretty surprised with my wall ball performance.I was doing 15 at a pop to start off with and even on round 5 I did 10 to start and before a couple second break. I only did 45# on the squat snatch instead of the prescribed 75#. This is the first time in my life doing this move and it is pretty tough so I figured start off slow. On the first round I started off doing 1 at a time trying to get the move down but by round 5 I was doing 3 at a time with pretty good form. I do think I was not getting down into the squat enough though and next time I will try to work on that. I think I could probably increase the weight a bit as well. I completed the workout in 24:53. 

Cool down was a 200 meter run and a bunch of stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment