Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Workout

Went back to the gym today and worked out again, first time since last Saturday. The warm up was a 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds of:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 burpees
I started out the warm up and tried kipping for the first set of pull- ups and it hurt my back, I only did one. I switched up and did all dead hang pull-ups for the rest. I was a bit nervous after reading the workout. It started with strength work of front squat 5 rep max with a 15 minute time limit. Followed by 5 rounds for time of:

  • 10 front squats (135/85)
  • 20 leg lifts
  • 20 abmat sit-ups
I talked to coach Michelle about my back and she said to make sure I take it easy and don't go too heavy. I started off on the front squat max with just the bar and worked my way up to 95#. I didn't really feel like I was at my max but I did feel that if I increased I might screw my back up again so I stopped. So my max was a whopping 95# today. Not that I feel bad about that, I need to be smart. I dropped the weight down to 85# for the workout and completed it in about 13:00, it is not on the website yet so not sure exactly. The leg lifts turned out to be the thing that was worst on my back. I was able to do it all though and I feel pretty good right now. We will see how I feel in the morning, or later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment