Saturday, February 16, 2013

This is Sparta!!!

Today's warm up started with a 400 meter run followed by:

  • 20 box step ups
  • 20 GHD sit-ups
  • 20 air squats
The workout was called the 300 challenge and is supposed to be something that was done to prep the cast of 300, see this article. The workout was prescribed as follows:

  • 25 pull-ups
  • 50 deadlifts (135/95)
  • 50 push-ups
  • 50 box jumps (24/20)
  • 50 floor wipers (135/95)
  • 50 kettlebell clean and press (35/26)
  • 25 pull-ups
I performed this as prescribed. I did all the first 25 pull-ups without jumping, I was kipping. The deadlifts seemed simple on paper but as it turns out 50 is a lot, I was doing them 5 at a time by the end. Push-ups was a similar situation to the deadlift, I was doing them 5 at a time by the end. I kicked ass on the box jumps but not so much on the floor wipers. The weight for the floor wipers was a tough one for me. I had to stop about 3 times throughout and I needed help getting the weight back up off the floor each time. Coach Jay helped me with that but at one point he was busy with someone else and that probably cost me 30 seconds. The kettlebell move was hard as hell at that weight too, I did them 5 at a time on each arm. We did 50 total on that not 50 each arm. I started off real strong on the second set of pull-ups but had to jump on the last 10. I don't really know what my time was because the coach today was coach Jay and he never seems to put the times up on the web site. I do know it was above 20:00 but I think less than 25:00. This is a pretty deceiving workout, looks a lot easier on paper than it is. We finished with a 500 meter row and a bunch of stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment