Sunday, February 10, 2013

Still Doing Squats

I skipped the gym on Saturday because my legs were still screaming and the workout involved lunges and running and all manner of nasty leg work which I thought would not do them any good. I decided to give them a day and went to the gym this morning instead. My legs were feeling much better this morning although still a little sore. The warm up started with a 500 meter row followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 abmat sit-ups
We then moved on to some strength training which was 10 sets of 2 bench presses. I did 135#, 145#, 155#, 155#, 160# (with a spot on the second), 160#, 160#, 160#, 165# (spot on the second), 165# (spot on the second). I felt pretty good about those numbers. Following this the metcon WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible):

  • 30 kettlebell swings (53/35)
  • 30 air squats
I did the swings with a 35# bell as usual. I completed 4 rounds +6 swings in the 10 minute window. I followed this up with a 500 meter row and a bunch of stretches, I concentrated on my legs. Feeling pretty good after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment