Saturday, February 23, 2013

Missed a Couple Days, Not Really Though

So I did not get to the gym Wed. or Fri. this week but it was due to having hockey games at 10:10 the night before on both days so I did get some work in. This is one thing about my gym that I would change if I could. They only have the 6:00 am workout on Mon. Wed, and Fri. so if I miss there is no way I can make it up. If they had one every morning I could have switched days this week and not missed any workouts. So I made it back in this morning for the workout and here is what we did. The warm up was a 400 meter run, in the rain no less, followed by 2 rounds:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 jumping pull-ups
  • 10 GHD sit-ups
The workout was prescribed as follows:

  • Tabata row (for Cal)
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Tabata air squats
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Tabata pull-ups
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Tabata push-ups
  • Rest 1 minute
  • Tabata abmat sit-ups
The tabata is 8 rounds of the exercise where you do 20 seconds max effort followed by 10 seconds rest. So to start you row for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, row for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds... continue this for 8 rounds and then there is a 1 minute rest. You then do the same with the rest of the exercises. The score is the sum of all reps performed except for the row is calories. Seems confusing but not really. The first thing I will say is that this looks on paper like you will be resting a lot, that is not at all how it feels when you are doing it. I completed this workout with a score of 372. I did 55 calories on the row, 127 reps of air squats, 52 reps of pull-ups, 66 reps of push-ups, and 72 reps of sit-ups.

We then had a cash out for the day which was:

  • 30 wall ball shots
  • 100 flutter kicks
I did the wall ball shots with a 20# ball and did them in sets of 5. I did some cool down and then cam e home and knocked out my burpees for the burpee challenge. I missed yesterday so today I had to do 29 even though today was day 15 (14 for yesterday and 15 for today). All caught up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment