Monday, February 11, 2013

7 Minute AMRAP

Today the warm up started with a 500 meter row then 3 rounds of:

We then did some strength work which was 6 single rep power cleans for a one rep max. I did 95#, 115#, 125#, 135#(F), 135#, 145#(F). The F indicates a failed attempt.Following that we did a 7 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) of:

  • 7 thrusters (95/65)
  • 7 toes-to-bar
I did 4 full rounds and made it through the thrusters and 1 toes-to-bar on the 5th round. I did scale the weight on the thrusters. I started with 95# but dropped to 75# pretty quickly during the first round. I also did 6 burpees at the end to catch up on the 116 day burpee challenge. The rules are do one burpee on day one and add one burpee each day after that. Here is a video showing how to do the burpees. Further rules are:

  • You may complete each days burpees all at once or break them up over the course of the day.
  • If you miss a day you must make up all the missed burpees the following day.
  • If you don't start on day one you can buy in at any point by doing all the missed days burpees on your first day (This is why I did 6 today on day 3).
  • Any burpees you complete during your regular workout may be counted toward your daily count if you wish.
I got home and told the family about this one and they are all going to join in as well. Everyone did their 6 this morning to catch up. I hope we don't miss day 115.

No comments:

Post a Comment