Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Workout - Increased Weight

Warm up started with a 200 meter run and then there was 2 rounds of the following:

  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 kettlebell pass through
  • 5 burpee bar touch
Two of these, kettlebell pass through and burpee bar touch, were new to me. I looked them up last night but did not find a whole lot of information.The things I found online for the kettlebell pass through all said kettlebell pass through lunge or something similar and I was unsure if this was the same move. After the demo by coach Brent I found out it is the same and you can see it in this video. We did it with a walking lunge is the only difference. The burpee bar touch was nothing more than a burpee but on the jump you reach up and touch a pull-up bar or something else elevated above your head. I don't get why we need this one since I am always jumping on the burpees anyway but I did it. The workout today was prescribed as a 20 AMRAP:

  • 10 push press (115/75)
  • 10 kettlebell swings (53/35)
  • 10 box jumps (24/20)
I did not do the 115# weight but I was able to complete the entire workout with 95# on the bar which is an improvement for me on the push press. I typically have been doing the push press with 75# of if I do start a workout with 95# on that exercise I have to drop to 75# at some point shortly after the start. By the end I was doing the push presses 2-3 at a time with a very brief rest but still I got through it. I also used 35# instead of 53# on the kettlebell swings as usual. I completed 8 rounds exactly in the allotted 20 minutes which I thought was pretty good, average 2:30 per round or one rep every 5 seconds. I was close at the end and had to push real hard in the last 20 seconds to knock out the final 10 box jumps but I got there. We then did a "core cachsout" which consisted of the following:

  • 90 seconds V-Up
  • 30 seconds rest
  • 90 seconds weighted abmat sit-up (20/10)
  • 30 seconds rest
  • 90 seconds GHD sit-ups
This sucked!!! We ended with the usual cool down type stuff, 500 meter row and a bunch of stretches. I also knocked out my 7 burpees for the burpee challenge after the core cashout and before the cool down. I think I was a bit tired becase I smashed my face into the ground on the first burpee, no damage though.

No comments:

Post a Comment