Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday Workout

Today's warm-up was kicked off with 200 single jump ropes. I suck bad at jumping rope and the longer I am doing them the more crappy I am at them. I made it through but by the end I was only knocking out about 15-20 at a time before I was tripping over the rope. The warm-up continued with 3 rounds:

  • 10 air squats
  • 10 ab-mat sit-ups
  • 10 pull-ups
The workout seemed easy enough going in. 7 rounds for time:

  • 5 deadlifts (225/155)
  • 400 meter run
I upped my deadlift from last time when I had done 135# to 155# so I was hitting from the ladies tee. I originally put 185# on the bar and tried to deadlift that prior to beginning the workout, no go. I think I could probably add a little more next time though just not 30#. I completed the workout in 19:08. There were only 4 of us there and I finished second although 2 of the others were deadlifting 225#. I was actually leading going into the last 400 meters but the one guy kicked it on the last 400 and beat me by :07.

No comments:

Post a Comment