Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Workout

Warm up today was a 500 meter row followed by 3 rounds:

  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 ab-mat sit-ups
  • 10 walking lunges
This was followed by a two part workout starting with

  • Overhead squat 3,3,3,3,3
This is simply 5 sets of 3 on the overhead squats. The linked video gives a real good instruction on how to do this exercise. I probably look ugly as hell doing it but hey I am working on it. I did 65#, 65#, 65#, 75#, 75# for my reps. I think if I were to do this again I might start slightly lower and try to increase the weight each time. I am having some troubles trying to figure out what weights to use on some of these lifts because I have not really done these before so I don't really know where to start. this exercise in particular strikes me as a bit squirelly on the back so I want to be pretty careful with it. Coach Michele was watching me throughout and made a few comments on adjustments I should make as going through. Keep in mind this part of the workout is not timed and is more about strength and form.

After that we did As Many Rounds As Possible (AMRAP) in 10 minutes:

  • 20 air squats
  • 20 push-ups
  • 10 burpees
I made it through 4 rounds plus 16 air squats in the prescribed time.Cool down was just some stretching and I again added some of my own stretches as I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment