Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Workout

We were still at the beach today, just got home a bit ago. I got up this morning and went to the club house at my aunt and uncles house, which has a gym, so I could do the workout. According to the website for the gym I attend today's workout was 5 rounds for time:
  • 15 push jerks (95/65)
  • 400 meter run
I started off with 5 minutes on the elliptical just to warm up and then did a modified version of this workout. They only had dumbbells in the gym so I used those to do a modified version of the exercises, you can see it in this video. I started with 40# dumbbells and made it through almost the first 3 sets with that. I dropped to 35# dumbbells with 4 reps left on the third set because my form was starting to break down. I completed with that weight. I guessed on the 400 meter course but when I got back to their house I used the google earth ruler tool to measure it and it said 410 meters so I think it was pretty damn close. I completed the 5 rounds in 18:15 which I think was pretty good and I was pretty well spent by the end. I did some stretching to end it off and then walked back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment