Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Workout

Had to wait until 9:00 am to go to the gym since they are on modified hours for the holiday. There were a ton of people there today, so many that they had to modify the workout for some since they did not have enough rowing machines. The warm up was 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds of:

  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 back extensions
  • 10 PVC arm circles
The workout was the following for time:

  • 500 meter row
  • 10 burpee pull-ups
  • 20 air squats
  • 20 burpees
  • 20 pull-ups
  • 40 air squats
  • 40 back extensions
  • 60 air squats
  • 500 meter row
I completed the workout in 16:44. I was pushing real hard on the last row to catch up with Jackie who was rowing next to me. She is one of the people that is usually there for the 6:00 am classes with me every morning. She was a bit ahead of me going into the row but I caught up and we finished at the same time. When we finished she said she kept looking over to see where I was and was trying to keep ahead of me. This is one of the great things about these workouts, you work really hard with someone next to you doing the same thing. Some of the people ran 400 meters instead of rowing since they don't have enough rowers for that many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment