Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Workout

Warm up today started with a 400 meter run, shocking. We then did 3 rounds:
  • 10 hip extensions
  • 10 mountain climbers
  • 10 push-ups
The workout was prescribed as:

For weight:
  • Clean & Jerk 5,5,5,5,5
For distance:
  • 10 minute row
I had coach Michele walk me through the Clean & Jerk since I have not done this one before. I have done cleans but no jerks. If you are unfamiliar with it you can see some instruction here. I probably need a bit of work on my clean movement as I felt off on it part way through the workout. I went over and grabbed 33# bar and practiced a few with that to get back into the feel of it before I continued the next set. I did the 5 sets with 75#,85#,95#,105#,105#. I think that with a bit of practice on the clean I could up this a good bit pretty quickly. I did not seem to have much problem on this one with the jerk part, I can be a jerk no problem. I hit the rowing machine for 10 minutes at at the finish I had completed 2377 meters. Not bad I guess but I would have liked to have hit 2500 meters at least. Something to shoot for next time I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment