Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Workout

I did not go to the gym yesterday because I worked out late on Friday and I had a couple of cub scouts events Saturday as well including a hike. I went in this morning to the 9:00 am class and guess what we get to do, the "filthy fifty." If you recall I did this workout back in August just a couple days into my free trial at this gym, if not you can read about it here. This workout is specified as the following for time:

  • 50 box jumps
  • 50 jumping pull-ups
  • 50 kettlebell swings (35/26)
  • 50 walking lunges
  • 50 knees to elbows
  • 50 push press (45/33)
  • 50 back extensions
  • 50 wall balls (20/16)
  • 50 burpees
  • 50 double unders
Last time I didn't make it through the workout. I got through 40 burpees and was done and it took me 40:54. Today I completed the workout with a couple modifications. I did the second half of the wall balls with a 16# ball because the 20# just got to be too much. I also did 150 single unders instead of 50 doubles as prescribed. I completed the workout today in 34:37 so that is a better than 6:00 improvement on the workout and I actually finished it all as well. This is the first real measure I have seen of my progress since I started at this gym. That seems to be a good improvement in just about a 2.5 month period if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment