Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Workout

Back at the gym today, surprised they recognized me. We started off with a warm up of a 500 meter row followed by three rounds of:

  • 10 PVC arm circles
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 2-count flutter kicks
The workout the consisted of a strength training portion that was 10 minutes to do a max 1 rep back squat. I screwed up big time on this one and only did 135#. I started off with just the bar and did maybe 10 to get the form down with the wall ball down for depth. I then upped it to 135# and did a couple. At that point there was another guy that needed to join in since there was one to few racks. He did the 135# and then wanted to up to 225#. I, like a dumb ass tried to follow him instead of doing my own increasing weight. I ended up dropping the 225# weight and going down the rest of the way instead of up and I never completed another rep. Stupid. Oh well, lesson learned.

Next was a conditioning workout that was a 10 down to 1 ladder of the following 3 exercises:

  • burpees
  • air squats
  • push press (95/65)
The idea is do this in 10 rounds performing 10 reps of each the first round, 9 reps of each the second, 8 reps the third and so on. I started off with 95# on the bar but dropped down to 85# during the first round and left it there the whole time. That move cost me a bit of time but it really was not too bad since it happened during the first round. I completed the workout in 13:05. After that we had some core work consisting of the following:

  • 2 minute plank hold
  • 50 abmat sit-ups
I completed the plank in 2 1 minute blocks split up by maybe a 25 second rest. I did the sit-ups in sets starting at 15 reps but finished with 5 rep sets with just a second or 2 break. My abs were screaming by the end of that one. It was good to be back at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment