Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Plyo!!!

There is nothing like a good old fashioned ass kicking to get the day going. Perhaps this Sunday night hockey, Monday morning Chest & Back, Monday night hockey, and Tuesday morning Plyo was not such a good idea. We rolled out of bed at 5:15 again this morning and man were my legs sore. When the alarm went off I moved my legs and they hurt. I was thinking how nice it would be to just go back to sleep. I told Sarah after the workout that she could have easily talked me in to skipping this one but we got up and did it and I am glad we did.

This workout is just hard right from the start and it never really gets any easier but I do love it and the results it gives are undeniable. The first thing I noticed was my gut was sore when we did swing kicks. I was thinking we did not get a great core workout with Ab Ripper yesterday because we were not finishing the exercises but man my core is sore today and it was obvious when doing swing kicks. Things just got more brutal as the workout went on and my heart rate monitor was beeping all the way through because I was having a tough time staying down in my training zone. I thought I was going to need to get my little bucket there for a while but we made it through. I was concerned about my knee before this one given how high impact it is but the only time it ever bothered me was for a short piece of the hot foot and during the gap jumps. I modified a little and it was OK. I also had to modify a few exercises towards the end of the workout or I might have needed my bucket for real.

This was the workout we were thinking we might be tight on space in the new workout area for with all the jumping around but it turned out to be fine. I think it actually is better than the old house was at the end after we rearranged our furniture for showing the house. I did take a picture of the new workout room this morning but I don't have it with me now so I will try to post it tomorrow. I am looking forward to not having a game tonight but I am sure my legs are going to be shot tomorrow. My back and chest are pretty sore today after yesterdays workout but it feels good to be back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment