Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Workout At Home

We got up this morning and did the workout at home in the new home gym we set up. For a warm up we did 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:
  • 10 PVC Overhead Squats
  • 10 PVC Arm Circles
  • 10 Jumping Jacks
We have no PVC so we just used some bands for the PVC work. The workout was a ladder workout defined as follows:
1-10 Thrusters (95/75) Ladder with Cindy between rounds

Round 1:
  • 1 Thruster
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 air squats
Round 2:
  • 2 Thrusters
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 air squats
Continue this pattern for 10 rounds. I completed the workout in 25:30. Sarah did 6 rounds in something like 30 minutes. I did the workout with #65 and Sara used something around #30, not sure the exact weight on the bars we have. I am not sure how this compares to anyone at the gym since they changed the web site and I don't have access to results any longer. Today was the first time we used the new barbells and bumper plates. I put the #15 plates on the bar and then went to add the #10 plates and neither would fit on the bar. I decided I better try all the plates and found one of each #25, #35, and #45 that did not fit either. The bar is slightly too large for collar on some of them as you can see in the picture below.

I contacted AgainFaster customer service and they asked for pictures which I have provided and am waiting for another response. My guess is they will blame the bar, which may be true but we shall see. I am looking at getting my hands on some calipers to see if the bar or the collars are out of spec but I may end up having to fix this one myself somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment