Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday Workout

Warm up started with 400 meter run followed by 3 rounds:
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 jumping alternating lunges
  • 20 jump rope singles
We then did strength work of 5 attempts at a one rep max on a strict push press. Strict here means no lower body movement just a push up from the chest to overhead with arms locked out. I did 75#, 85#, 95#, 105#, and 105#. I could possibly have pushed it and gone heavier but I am still a little off in the back and after more reading on overhead weight bearing exercises I am going to take it pretty slow with these and probably get a belt for them soon.

The workout was a 20 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) of:
  • 5 push jerks (115/85)
  • 10 lateral jumps (over the barbell)
  • 15 air squats
  • 20 double unders (60 singles but not Rx)
I did the workout with 95#, again I am not trying to push too hard with the overhead stuff at this point. I also did the single unders not the doubles, maybe one of these days I will try them. I did 8 full rounds and made it up through 33 single unders on the 9th round in the allotted 20 minute time. I was pretty happy about that.

This week is going to be another tough one for getting to the gym at 0600. I have hockey on Tuesday night and am going to a Washington Capitals game on Thursday night. Some of us on the Frederick Force military hockey team have been offered a suite for the Thursday game for military appreciation night. They are going to show us on the big screen and let us meet some people apparently. If you get it on TV they may show something there as well so keep your eyes open for us. We also have a tournament this coming weekend with that team so games ever day (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) so no gym then either. This is becoming an expensive membership for the amount of time I have to miss. Stay tuned for updates on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment