Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Workout and Delivery (Hopefully)

Went to the gym for the 0600 class this morning and the warm up started with a 500 meter row. Following that we did 3 rounds:

  • 10 Push press (45/33)
  • 10 Jumping air squats
  • 5 pull-ups
We then did 5 attempts at a one rep max on front squats. I did bot go real heavy on this as I wanted to make sure I was keeping good form and protecting my back. I did 75#, 105#, 125#, 145#, 155#. I may have been able to push up a little more but I am fine with that for now. The workout was then prescribed as 3 rounds for time:

  • 25 Push Jerk (95/65)
  • 25 Push-ups
  • 400 meter run
I used 85# on the push jerk instead of 95#. This was again to protect my back. As I have mentioned before I need to be careful on any overhead move. The push-ups were brutal after all the push jerks, my wrists were screaming every time I started them. By the last round I was doing the push-ups 2 at a time. The run was almost like a break, I like having a run in the middle of the workout. I completed the workout in 20:37. Following the workout we cooled down with another 500 meter row and a bunch of stretches. I told coach Brent I was quitting my membership at the end of the month. He tried to talk me into coming back, saying they might start offering more morning classes but I already have bought equipment.

Speaking of the equipment, the freight company is supposed to deliver my shipment today. I can't wait to get everything and get it all set up. There is some rearranging I am going to need to do and maybe build some racks as well for the weights. I will post pictures when it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment