Sunday, July 22, 2012

I am still around


I have been doing the following workout for a while now:

1 mile run
3 circuits of the following
  • 10 jump squats
  • 10 dips
  • 10 burpees with a push up
  • 1 minute plank
  • 10 pull ups
  • 20 steam engines
  • 10 Romanian deadlifts on each leg
  • 10 pike press push ups
1 mile run

This week I started changing things up a bit. I did the workout above on Mon and then Wed. I did the following:
  • 19  burpees with a push up
  • rest for 20 to 30 seconds
  • 18  burpees with a push up
  • rest for 20 to 30 seconds
  • 17  burpees with a push up
  • rest for 20 to 30 seconds
  • 16  burpees with a push up
  • continue all the way down to 1
This pretty thoroughly kicked my ass.

Yesterday I did the following as a variation of the workout fitbomb did, since he is much more badass than I am apparently and I could not hang with the reps he did. He did 20/30/40/50 and I dropped them each by 10 but maybe I will try it again in a few months and see.

3 circuits of the following with 3 minute rest between
  • 10 Pull-ups
  • 20 Push-ups
  • 30 Abmat Sit-ups
  • 40 Squats
I am looking to start changing the workouts more frequently, like daily maybe. I would almost like to join a crossfit gym but that would mean going to the crossfit gym to workout and that ain't gonna happen. It just adds to much additional time to the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment