Monday, April 16, 2012

It has been a while

I have not posted anything here for a good long while. Since I last posted regularly I have put on a few pounds. I initially injured my shoulder and could not do much as it was very painful. I took up running for a bit and actually did several races in the 3-5 mile range and both on and off road (celtic solsticewinery run, and warrior dash). It was interesting and I will probably do some more this year, especially this one because it looks awesome but running is not really my thing. Now my shoulder is feeling better and I am playing hockey on a few teams and ready to start some actual workouts again so here I am. My wife is back on the wagon with me as well and we were up at 5:00 this morning for a workout.

3 Rounds for time

  • 20 body weight squats
  • 10 push ups
  • 20 walking lunges
  • 10 dumbbell rows (each arm)
  • 1 minute plank
  • 30 jumping jacks
I finished this in something like 16-17 minutes, I wrote it down at home but don't have it with me. Thanks to nerd fitness for this workout. We followed this up with three rounds of the following to failure.


  • Crunch on the stability ball
  • Back extension on the stability ball
  • Oblique core twists with straight legs

I then finished up with an interval high intensity run/walk combination with 1 minute on 1 minute off for 10 rounds. I think we will do this for a week or two and then change up. Planning to do this workout 3 days this week and I also have 2 hockey games.

I am also eating right again which had slipped over time as I was not paying very close attention. Probably the biggest thing was the beer. I am a beer fanatic, I love the stuff. I have to be careful of that one since it is like drinking bread but I am back to the clean eating now and doing it in a smart way. I am not trying to worry about when I go to a party or something, I will just make sure my portions are reasonable when there.

No comments:

Post a Comment